I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I agreed to do 30 days of Bikram. But like most things I manage to rope myself into, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Now that it's done, I wanted to share some things thoughts and words of wisdom to anyone who's considering it.
- It's a serious commitment. To laundry.
- You will probably go through the yoga version of the "cleanse rage".
- You wake up sore every day. Sometimes a little. Sometimes a lot.
- Going to the 6pm class one night, then the 6am class the following morning. Not good. But doable.
- Buy stock in coconut water. You'll drink a lot of it.
- 30 days will not cause you to sleep fewer hours. You will however, be dead to the world for the full 9hrs.
- If you're not a morning person like me, go to the 6am class. No one talks to you.
- You will start to crave the heat in class. It's weird, but you do.
- Even after 30 days, I still can't roll my mat properly. #fail