1. Take time for yourselves
Planning a wedding is a lot of work. And it's stressful. And it's easy to get so caught up in all the planning that you don't always get to spend quality time with each other. Your engagement session is like a time out from all of that, to spend some time with your loved one to reconnect.
2. Dry run for your wedding day
Most of us don't have our photo taken by a professional very often, if ever. It can be nerve-wrecking. Your engagement session is like a dry run for your wedding. You get the nerves out of the way, you figure out where to put your hands (usually my problem), and you get some practice being in front of the camera.
3. Great trial run for hair and makeup
The general rule of thumb for make up, is to add a bit of oomph to your eyes when getting photos take. It's a great time to do a trial for your hair and make up and make sure that you've got enough oomph going on ;)
4. We get to know each other better
We're going to spend a lot of time together on your wedding day. Let's be friends! In a non-creepy way. ;) I'm really nice. I promise!
5. Use your photos
For reals! Don't let them just sit in a drawer or on your computer. You can use them for so many things. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Use them for Save The Date or Thank You cards
- Create a guest signing book using your images
- Use them for a slideshow and play it at your wedding
- Print one for each table to accompany your table numbers